Sunday, January 08, 2006

Wish List 2006

So, now that my blog is nearly a year old, I’m going to continue a tradition I started last year and publish my wishlist for 2006. I think resolutions are a bit silly and too easily broken. Wishes, however, are really just my hopes for what might be. What’s fascinating to me is that when they are granted, they are not always granted in the way I would have intended. Oftentimes, even those that aren’t granted prove to be ok too. In any case, here’s the list for 2006:

  • I continue to wish for peace in the world.

  • I’d like to win the Powerball Jackpot!

  • I’d like to get my GPA back up to a 3.0.

  • I want/need to lose 75lbs.

  • I want to pay my father in-law back the money he’s lent us.

  • I wish my father in-law would learn to accept my wonderful wife as she is.

  • I want to pay off our other debts so that we can get a loan at a decent interest rate to buy this house.

  • I’d like to save some money back this year.

  • I’d like to see my grandmother more often.

  • I wish my other grandmother peace and comfort.

  • I wish my teenager would do well in school.

  • I wish my kids would learn to get along.

  • I wish I were more emotionally available.

  • I wish I were more approachable.

  • I hope I get to stay in the guitar program.

  • I wish Cher would find a job she enjoys.

  • I wish for a career in the arts.

  • I wish to find balance in all things.

  • I hope to have better teeth this year.

  • I wish Becci would write and publish her novel.

  • I wish for more clarity about what I “should” be doing.

  • I continue to wish that I could eat pizza and ice cream with impunity.

  • I continue to hope for a once a year vitamin.


  • I’m struggling but I can’t seem to come up with more at the moment. Ah well, you do what you can.

    RCS

    8 Comments:

    At 4:35 PM, Blogger Lee Ann said...

    Very good list...I wish them for you as well.
    balance in all things

     
    At 12:08 PM, Blogger Dave Morris said...

    I wish for balance in all things as well. Especially walking down stairs after 8 beers.

    Nice list, I hope you achieve each and every one!

     
    At 10:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

    I just wish for beer. It is going to be a good year.

     
    At 9:30 PM, Blogger StringMan said...

    Hey, I've enjoyed your blog. Great idea on the Wish List. I'll have to do one myself, see how it measures up next year at this time.

     
    At 10:40 PM, Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

    i made a list too at the start of the year. mine was self-motivational too.

     
    At 7:18 AM, Blogger Amandarama said...

    I, too, would like a once a year vitamin. One that covers everything including all the calcium I need to never get osteoporosis and ginko biloba to never get forgetful. That way I will remember to go to the doctor the following year for another vitamin and be able to do so without breaking a hip.

    Happy New Year!

     
    At 10:01 PM, Blogger V said...

    Someone told me recently that the meaning of life was: more, and less. I think that applies to your list and to me (who could copy several items from your list).

     
    At 7:38 PM, Blogger Dave Morris said...

    You must be very busy Robert, I hope life's treating you well. I miss your insight and writing! I hope to see you back soon.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home