Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cause for Celebration!

Well folks, I made it past my audition for the guitar program and the University of Colorado at Denver! I passed provisionally which is to say that to stay in the program, I need to show improvement. I posted my audition peices on the audioblog for your consideration. They are both a bit rough but I worked, and I'll continue to work hard on them. I'm very excited and more than a little humbled. Before my audition, I was sure I was a good musician. After, I'm excited to say, I have a lot to learn. Enjoy!

RCS

12 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Lee Ann said...

You have such a good outlook. Your hard work is paying off!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Chipper Dip said...

Congratulation, Rob - I'm so proud to see you pursuing your dream at last. I think you'll be more than a match for the challenge and I can't wait to see where this takes you.

Love, Bec

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Amandarama said...

Congrats!!!! Yay!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos!
Nothing like a little hubris and smack down to focus you in eh?
If it were easy then you wouldn't have to practice.
All the hard work and struggles will teach you more in the long run.
Good Luck Grasshoppah!

~B.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Dave Morris said...

That is fantastic, Robert! I'm happy for you, this sounds like a great step. Guitar is hard to play for guys like me with big fingers - so I just have to sit on the sidelines and listen to guys like you and wish I had the talent.

Congrats!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Gyrobo said...

Never do today what can be put off indefinitely.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

Congrats!! That's amazing news.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger V said...

Congrats very much!

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. I'm going to check out the clips.

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were great. I really love that style of playing. Chord melody? It's cool. Kinda dreamy.

I liked that one below it, too.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger David Yoong said...

hey rob,

(this' a lil' late, but..) merry x'mas and congrats. ;)

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

congratulations and thanks for stringing us along. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home