Tuesday, February 22, 2005

02.22.05 - Life Update

Well I’m back in school after a busy weekend. Cher, the kids, and I left for Nebraska Friday night. We didn’t manage to leave Denver until about 6pm as I decided at the last minute to purchase a guitar (see the previous post). We arrived early the next morning to find my Mom and Stepfather sleeping on the couch. We hustled the kids off to bed, chatted for a bit and then went to bed ourselves. As per usual, the kids got up with the sun…

Saturday proved to be a lazy day for the most part. We watched “El Dorado” and went to the children’s museum. The kids had fun. Corwin and Josh built an 8ft+ building that the manager said he’d have to take a picture of before tearing it down. I think their goal was to use as many pieces as possible. They managed to use almost every piece. If I can get Mom to email me the pictures I’ll post them.

We ate at Valentino’s Saturday night and after went to see “The Incredibles” at the local IMAX theater. Cher hadn’t seen it yet and she seemed to enjoy herself. The kids also had a great time. If you’ve never seen a movie at IMAX go out and do it today. It’s an experience and it won’t cost you much. The audio is not generally quite up to today’s standards but the presentation is incredible.

On Sunday, we walked across the street to church where my Stepfather is the Pastor. I attended church for the first time in years. This is not to say that I’ve somehow lost my faith or anything that dramatic, only that going to church is not for me. I used to refuse to go for selfish reasons and I recently decided that it wouldn’t hurt me to be a little more considerate and respectful of my parents especially as they had invited Cher and I to stay at their house together with our kids despite the fact that Cher and I are not married. I respect the potential difficulties this might create. So, if you’re reading, Thank You both.

Just before we were to leave on Sunday, Corwin had an anaphylactic reaction. We think it may have been environmental though it didn’t develop until late in our visit which points to other factors. The only thing we did that was different was to give him Claritin which is supposed to be an allergy blocker. Anyway, we dosed him up on Benadryl and it cleared up fairly rapidly. We have not, however, given him the Claritin again. Hopefully that will ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

I’ve got 3 papers to write before tomorrow morning so I need to wrap this up. One is 800-1000 words for my Literature class, another is also for the Lit class but only 500 words, and the final is for my economics class and yet another 500 words. This blog entry works out to be about 500 words so you have some idea of what I must accomplish...

RCS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home