Tuesday, February 15, 2005

02.15.05 - Life Update

Well I sat in Microeconomics trying to take notes, record a lecture, get a hold of Cher online, and write this Blog entry. Hoping the laptop wouldn’t overheat and shutdown - which it’s been doing with annoying frequency of late. Thankfully, it didn’t. I’m really enjoying my new wireless networking card. I can get internet access just about anywhere on campus which means that I can check my email and chat with the outside world just about any time I have my computer on.

Today, we had a rousing conversation about taxes and subsidies and their effects on buyers and sellers. WOO! Chuckle… It’s really not all that bad. The professor makes it fun to listen to by virtue of his humor and charisma. The long and the short of what I learned today is that subsidies reallocate funds from one group to another – which I understood at a basic level before class and after I now know way too much. ;-)

My theatre class was canceled this morning because the Professor has flown out of state to help his more advanced students put on a production of Sophocles’ Antigone. I did, however, meet with my production group to discuss what we were going to work on for our final project. We picked two plays. Our first choice was Boston Marriage written by David Mamet. The second choice was Tennessee Williams’ The Rose Tattoo. Our group is primarily made up of women so we’ll probably end up doing Boston Marriage. Not, of course, that we’ll be doing the whole play, just 8-10 minutes of it. We also agreed on a name for our little company, “Upstage Right?” I’ll be meeting with my dialog partner on Thursday to go over a little bit that we have to perform next week. I’m really enjoying the class but, I’m increasingly glad I decided not to double major in Theatre. It would have involved much more time than I could readily commit.

Family night is at Cher and I’s house this evening. I got distracted by homework and video games last night so I’m afraid that Cher has probably been cleaning house all day in preparation. I shall have to make amends. I did get up early and managed to straighten things up a bit but, there was still a lot to do. I feel just rotten about leaving it for her. I’ll do better next time.

Laura was supposed to cook tonight but her daughter has some testing to do so she will be unable to make it. Paul suggested that we have Ramen Noodles. I told him that I would only do that if there were no other choice. As it turns out, Jen and Cher got together and decided that was a bad idea too. So it sounds like we’ll be having something else though I have no idea what.

Valentine’s Day went well. Cher worked all night the night before so she slept all day but not before finding the note and present I left for her on my way to take the kids to school. It wasn’t much. In fact it was considerably less than what I would have done if I could have but, judging from the big warm hug and smile I got, it was pretty good. I find that I really want to do what ever I can to bring a smile to her face - the little things matter. That’s something I used to believe in theory but life has taught me that it’s something that I have to practice daily.

RCS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home