Tuesday, February 08, 2005

02.08.05 - Life Update

I’m in a bit of pain today. I have a couple of teeth that got root canals a couple of years ago for crowns that never happened. Anyway, one of them has been acting up for a while now. I’m sitting here trying to chew my breakfast and am, at this point, only meeting with moderate success. I looked online for a 40-60second monologue for Theatre this morning. I found 4 possibilities, none of which thrill me.

I have been unable to reach Paul for a day or so now. He normally gives me a ride to family night after school on Tuesdays but, as I was unable to confirm before leaving for school this morning, Cher will pick me up instead.

It’s cold today! It’s just snow flurries at the moment. Ah, February… We filed our taxes. Cher did pretty well but I owe. Sally and I worked out a deal where one of us can claim the children per year and this is her year. We also managed to finish the budget yesterday. Assuming we can follow it, we should be free of debt, excepting school loans, by March of 2006, which is pretty cool. Of course, we’re going to try to buy a car and a house before then which could push the debt a bit higher but hey, whatcha gonna do?

I’m sitting in the café on campus freezing my tail off. It’s inside, but the room is glass block on one side, double pane windows on 2 more, and open on the last. It also has 20ft ceilings that suck up all the heat. I’d sit where I normally do but Bonfils is doing blood drive today and all the chairs are taken.

More on Ward Churchill… CU canceled the speech he was to make this afternoon. I think that was wrong. Further, I don’t support his termination based on what he has said or written(though how he managed to earn tenure I cannot guess). I do, however, take issue with his integrity. If he is to be terminated, it should be based on the investigation initiated by the regents into his background and the evidence that produces. I support free speech all the way, even if I don’t agree with what’s said and even if I find it morally reprehensible. To limit Churchill on these grounds limits us all.

RCS

3 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Rob Seifert said...

Hey, that's very cool! You made me smile. :-) Thank You!

RCS

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Churchill...... Who's Churchill? Oh yeah he is the moron pushing the boundaries of our country.

So ya give some blood?

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Rob Seifert said...

LMAO, nah no blood - I had a toothache!

RCS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home