Tuesday, July 26, 2005

07.26.05 - Life Update

My day started early this morning. I spent the entire weekend doing stuff other than school and managed to forget that I have a lot of things to do today. First off, I have my 3rd exam in Biology which I am pretty confident about despite having missed a couple of lectures. I have a paper and a lab due and neither have even been started. So, I’m gonna take the test at 8:30am and bail on the lecture my professor has scheduled after the test and work on those. The next class is at 2:30pm though I have a tutoring appointment at 1pm. I think that should give me enough time to do both. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I can’t believe how long it takes me to get through my blog roll anymore. Geez! Thank goodness you don’t all update everyday! Though those of you who update two and three times per day, you know who you are (Hoss), are making up for those of you who only update semi-daily.

I shopped for keyboards this weekend. Cher and I have been talking about teaching the kids piano and, with my newly found path into music, I need at least a piano anyway. I’m thinking about buying a full synthesizer though. I love techno music and it would be fun to make my own. Still, it’s a lot of cash and I’ve yet to make my pile though I keep paying my poor people tax – lottery tickets.

My new in-laws kick ass. How cool is that? That’s not to say they don’t have their quirks, just that I’m impressed. They seem to really like me and they treat me with respect. I’ve lucked out in that regard with both of my marriages. Married life is good. We just barely got the house cleaned up after the wedding in time for the kids to come home and trash it again. At least I’ll not want for things to do.

We’re trying to buy a house. Hopefully, we’ll manage to get that done this year. Divorce has wreaked havoc on both of our credit scores but, it’s really not that bad. In any case, we should be able to buy one by this time next year at the latest. We’re both really tired of apartment life.

Well that’s it, my fifteen minutes of blog time for the day is done. Must get back to the grind. Test in T minus thirty.

RCS

6 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

With your schedule and life in general, you do good to post at all, Robert. Not to worry. When you got something new, I'll find it.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hope your test goes well. Lectures.... snore, snore.
I hope you can get a house soon. We will be buying one before too long too.
Good luck with all...

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Dave Morris said...

Robert, when you DO have time to post, they are always in depth. I can only imagine how long it takes to write your comments, you spend a lot of time thinking those out, too.

Hang in there on the house thing. A year from now, the entire landscape will look different. Hopefully I'm referring to the landscape in your new front yard!

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, divorce and finance don't mix.

Good luck with the music.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

I know what you mean about completing the blogroll. It takes me about five days right now to get through the official blogroll on my site as well as the "extras" that linger in blogatory till I deem them worthy to add.
You do a FINE job at visiting and commenting, especially with so much on your plate already.

And oh nuts! I'm too late to keep my fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you did a smashing job.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Zelda Parker said...

Robert,
A new marriage, six children and collage. Did I get that right Wow!
And I thought that going to college and working full time was a challenge. Nice writing and best of luck with your ttight schedule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home