Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Wing Dinger of a Day

It’s starting off to be wing-dinger of a day! Cher hurt her back at work last night trying to pick up a 280lb man off the floor. She should be ok but sore for a while. I woke to find that AudioBlogger was once again misbehaving. It’s actually been functional for about 2 hours in the past 2 days as far as I can tell. So I shot them one of those WTF! emails. If they’re unresponsive or obnoxious in their reply I’ll make certain I share it with all of you. Nice concept if it only worked reliably.

Anyway, I’m sitting in my vehicle sweating in the sun as I type this. For some unknown reason, it picked today to break down. I’m sitting here waiting for a tow truck. Yay! It’s kind of sad really. This was the vehicle Cher and I were going to take on our honeymoon because it’s big enough to throw a mattress in the back and it has air conditioning. I suppose we still may but that’s dicey in that we get paid again on Friday which also happens to be the day we’re getting married. Ah well we’ll just have to wait and see how things work out.

I was on my way to General Biology I this morning before my trusty steed went kaput. I really thought I needed to hear that lecture. Apparently the universe has other plans. I’m curious to see what happens. The professor has been taking his sweet time grading the last test. I had hoped to see it graded and ready for my perusal this morning. Hopefully he graded the tests and posted the results online like he usually does. There’s something incredibly sadistic about giving sixty people a test and then making them wait a week to find out how they did. Oh well, I’m trying to just try to get out the way and roll with it. One can never tell with any certainty what any day will bring after all.

I suppose I will take advantage of the time off from school and take the kids to the library. They're working on a reading project of some kind and need to get their time in this week. It was looking like that wasn’t going to be possible with my school schedule, the wedding and Cher’s work schedule but presto, opportunity knocks. Taking six kids to the library is an adventure all it’s own.

My laptop has this annoying, if somewhat practical power saving feature. It dims the display when it is unplugged. This would seem a great idea on the surface. In practice, it makes it almost impossible to see the screen if you happen to be outside – as I am now. Thankfully, my typing is good enough that I don’t need to look at the screen or the keyboard. It would, however, be nice if I could read over what I’ve written for corrections etc… Ah well, these are luxury problems. There are people all over the world and in the good ole US of A who don’t have cars, who aren’t getting married, who couldn't afford to own a laptop or a computer of any kind. There are people who wouldn’t be able to tell you what a blog is or what it’s for. “Blog? That sounds painful!” Rob says, “Aye, sometimes it is indeed.”

RCS

4 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger David Yoong said...

haha...one of those days. one of those days.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Dave Morris said...

I cna barley se what I am tpying also - I als have the pwoer savin feture on my laptop and Im sitti outside b the poool thsi morning. Good thin I am god typist too.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Rob Seifert said...

lmao... (At Dave's comments)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Babette said...

You are blessed with a great attitude! Congratulations to you and Cher on your upcoming nuptials!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home