Thursday, June 09, 2005

06.09.05 - Life Update

Wow! What a crazy busy couple of weeks it has been! I’m SOOOO glad that the only class I have until July 5th is General Biology I. I’m not sure what I’m going to do once my Music Theory class starts as I’ve got more than enough to do right now. It seems like I may never get caught up. I know that’s not true but I sure have a lot to do before I am. All and all the class is going well. The lecture and labs are graded separately which I think is a good thing as far as my GPA is concerned since I’ll get an actual letter grade for both. I have tests in both sections next week so I’ll be studying all weekend. Fun!

Josh is fishing at Lac La Ronge in Saskatchewan, Canada this week with his grandparents. I hope he’s having fun and catching lots of fish. I know he’ll be pretty well behaved so I have no worries there – he’s a good kid. Jordon is hanging out with the other set of grandparents this week so until the other three get here on Sunday, it’s just Cher, Jade, and I which is good considering how much studying must get done this weekend. Caitlin and Mackenzie have been sick off and on this week which is no fun though the rest of us have been healthy.

I sold my Dell this week. $300 was all that I got for it. It’s sad how quick electronics depreciate. I am, however, glad that I got rid of it before it was worth nothing. Cher was kind enough to give me her laptop, which is quite an upgrade over mine – thank you honey! I’ve spent much of my spare time this week nuking it back to bare hardware and installing the software I use for school. I’m really pleased with its performance. The speed, sound and video are MUCH improved.

The march towards the wedding is progressing smoothly. Cher and I bought our rings. She picked a white gold wedding set with three beautiful blue sapphires set with eight diamonds in the engagement band and a wedding band set with twelve small diamonds. I went with a plain white gold band. We got her a pair of pearl earrings and a matching pendant for the wedding. We also purchased her dress and cloths for the kids and I. We’re not going to be terribly formal. Her dress is a buttercup yellow and the boys and I will be wearing denim colored shirts with matching yellow ties and black slacks. The girls will each have a dress of a different color. We’ve picked out the flowers and started building the bouquets. We decided to go with silk since it is something we can keep forever and there are no bugs. We also decided that it would be better to have the wedding in the back yard of a friend’s house rather than rent a space. Paul and Jen have graciously volunteered. Thank you guys! I’ll be getting the remainder of the invitations out this week.

Despite my busy schedule, I’ve somehow found time to reconstitute my genealogy files and I am currently around twenty five hundred names thanks to the help of my Aunt Gay and Uncle Jud who each still had copies of my original files. I’m keeping backups these days. ;-) I’ve added in most of Cheryl’s family information and have expanded my own research as well. I’m still trying to get in touch with Barney as he has all of my Grandfather’s files on the Seiferts and my own research on that branch has stalled. I completed interviews with my mother and a group of relatives including my Aunt Gay, Marvin, Suzanne, and Don. The interview project has proven to be really interesting. It’s fascinating to hear different people’s perspective on the same events and all of the stories and memories that they’ve accumulated up to this point. It’s a very organic experience – you never quite know where it will lead. In any case, it’s been very rewarding and I look forward to doing more interviews. I am waiting to hear back from my Grandmother Dorothy to schedule a time to interview her.

So that’s it really, life is busy but good. I have no shortage of projects awaiting my attention when I get tired of studying and my kids generally trump them anyway. I am grateful today for my lovely fiancé, my kids, my family, and my wonderful friends. Life has a way of going pretty well if I can just relax and get out of the way. Hopefully I get time to write my review of Star Wars – Episode III…

RCS

1 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Dave Morris said...

What a busy life you lead! My gosh, how do you keep all those balls in the air???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home