Thursday, March 10, 2005

03.10.05 - Life Update

Family night was at our house this week. I hadn’t really wanted to bother since it was supposed to be at Jen and Paul’s house and we had parent teacher conferences to deal with that night as well. Cher, however, seemed to want to get together and so organized it at our house. It turned out to be a good thing and I had fun. If left to my own devices, I’ll take any excuse to isolate.

Cher got the job at Exempla so she will have a new start with more money. I’m very excited for her. She’s had a rough time of it at Centura and hopefully this will be a better fit for her. It’s quite a bit farther from home so we’ll have to make some allowances in the budget for that but I think she’ll be happier plus, she gets to work with Jen. She and Jen worked together in Pueblo as well and both found comfort and security in doing so.

Yesterday went fairly well. I talked to my Ethnic Literature teacher and she agreed to extend the deadline on a paper I’ve yet to turn in to Monday leaving me the time to get it done without having to hand it in half finished. As it turns out, I’d incorrectly judged her to be firmly in the camp of Ward Churchill and she is not. That should make doing what needs to be done in her class easier.

Churchill growl… It’s looking like the buy out is a foregone conclusion. The word on the street is 3-5 million dollars! How a fraudulent plagiarist and liar managed to bluff CU into a buy out I’ll never know but David Lane, his lawyer, deserves huge kudos for doing what looked, in the beginning, to be impossible. The president of CU Elizabeth “Betsy” Hoffman resigned this week as well. I agree with Peter Boyles that she was probably the one that brokered the buy out and as such, resigned before it was announced rather than deal with the public outcry for her to resign after. It has yet to be announced so there’s still hope that it won’t happen – but not much.


I’d write more, but I’m out of time. Economics starts in 10 minutes and I have to walk across campus.

RCS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home