Sunday, May 15, 2005

05.15.05 - Life Update

There’s nothing much to report this week. I’m enjoying my break between semesters. Class starts again on the 31st. I’ve been playing lots of video games and sitting around in my robe waiting patiently for my grades to come in on the 23rd. I hope, for the purposes of getting into medical school, that at least two and preferably three are “A”s. I know that in at least one class if not two I’ll get a “B” which is frustrating. Economics has ever been my bane in college. I don’t know what I was thinking. Anyway, it’s all over but the crying for now.

Jade and Jordon have been spending some time with their grandparents this week so things have been relatively quiet around the house at least until Corwin, Caitlin, and Mackenzie get here this afternoon. Taking advantage of the peace and quiet, I’ve once again been trying to reconstitute and develop my genealogy files – I lost them a while ago in a hard drive crash. It’s been going well thanks to the efforts of several of the family genealogists and their willingness to send me their files that include both some of the information I once had and new information I didn’t have. It’s a never ending project.

It did however lead me to think about interviewing some of my family members for posterity. We lose so many stories and so much family history that need not be lost with today’s technology. To that end, I’ve set up time to interview my mother on her life and remembrances. I plan to record her life story as she remembers it and add it to the genealogical record. I’d also like to do this with other members of my family so folks, if you’re interested, let me know. I think it could be fun and enlightening for future generations. Who knows, I might even write a book.

Hunger calls, must eat…

RCS

1 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

What a lovely thought ~ interviewing and recording family life stories! I wish I had taken the time to do that while many of the old timers were still alive.
One of the reasons I started my blog was to provide some insight into my life for my daughter to have "on record" someday.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment... and best of luck with the grades ~ and the plans for med school. Impressive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home